O.K. Folks….There are quite a few places to stay here on the Outer Banks that are close to the wedding. We have a few rooms blocked off at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kitty Hawk. They will give a special rate if you mention our wedding and book BEFORE APRIL 3. There are a limited number blocked, so get in on this early if you can. The website:
Some other hotels that might be good:
- The Sanderling Resort: www.sanderling-resort.com
- A classic: First Colony Inn: www.firstcolonyinn.com
- Shutters on the Banks: www.shuttersonthebanks.com
We recommend you do some research, because there are some really interesting places to stay, so be curious. There is also great camping around too, and it should be early enough in the season that the bugs won’t be bad.
Or, you could rent a beach house of some sort:
Or, you can use Airbnb:
If you are flying:
- Closest major airport is Norfolk International, which is about 90 minutes away.
Next closest airports:
- Williamsburg/Newport News Airport (2 hours)
- Richmond International (3 hours)
- Raleigh/Durham (4 hours)
If you are driving:
We are about 5 hours South of Washington, D.C. and 4 hours East of Raleigh, NC.
The wedding is in Kitty Hawk, NC with Zip Code 27949. Do a map search or use your smart phone and off you go!
If you are bringing your children but would like to be kid free during a portion of your stay on the beach we recommend contacting Kiirsten at OBX Island Childcare. Here is the website: http://obxislandchildcare.com.